November 17, 2014 – By Oregon Outdoor Council Board of Directors
Senate Democrats Elect Leadership, Reaffirm Anti-Sportsmen Sentiment
Gleneden Beach, Oregon – The Senate Democrats announced their leaders for the 2015 legislative session. At a retreat held at Salishan Resort this afternoon, Senate Democrats elected the following:
- Nominee for Senate President: Peter Courtney (D-Salem/Woodburn/Gervais)
- Nominee Senate President Pro Tempore: Ginny Burdick (D-Portland/Tigard)
- Senate Majority Leader: Diane Rosenbaum (D-Portland)
- Senate Deputy Majority Leader: Arnie Roblan (D-Coos Bay)
- Senate Majority Whip: Mark Hass (D-Beaverton)
- Senate Majority Whip: Elizabeth Steiner Hayward (D-NW Portland/Beaverton)
- Senate Assistant Majority Leader: Michael Dembrow (D-Portland)
- Senate Assistant Majority Leader: Sara Gelser (D-Corvallis)
In the 2015 session, Democrats will hold an 18-12 majority in the Senate and selected its leadership during the biennial caucus retreat Friday.
Outdoorsmen and women have one and only one friend in the Senate Leadership – Senate Deputy Majority Leader: Senator Arnie Roblan, Coos Bay. Based on the Democratic Leadership Election, 2015 is going to be a very difficult legislative session for Oregon sportsmen and our heritage sports.
- Does that mean OOC is going to tuck our tails and run? Absolutely not!
- Does it mean protecting our sports and rights will be more difficult? A resounding yes!
- No matter how difficult or easy the fight, the OOC will be there for you and your rights.
Your Support is Critical
Oregon sportsmen and sportswomen, the Oregon Outdoor Council needs your support now more than ever and you need to help grow OOC’s clout. If you hunt, fish, trap or shoot, you and your sports are directly in the cross-hairs of the anti’s and their political allies in Salem. If you do not think that your outdoor sports will be under attack by the anti-hunting and anti-gun rights politicians in Salem – well, respectfully, you are very misinformed!
Please take a moment and Join OOC (click here), like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and share your thoughts with us. Your input is what shapes our strategies and gives meaning to OOC’s political voice – YOUR VOICE! The task before OOC to protect and enhance what you, our members, feel is important regarding the management of our natural resources, outdoor recreational opportunities and firearm ownership as well as your choice of ammunition will be very daunting with the above Senate Leadership. You matter, our fish runs matter, our wildlife herds matter, predator management matters, wildlife violation enforcement matters, and with your help “OOC Will Have Your Back” during the ongoing Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Director’s selection process, the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commissioner selections and the 2015 Legislature.
We Have Your Back,
Oregon Outdoor Council Board of Directors