Up to 59% Decline in Hunter Participation!
According to a survey by Southwick Associates, Oregon can expect the following if lead ammunition (traditional ammunition) is banned:
- 59% of Oregon hunters will quit or reduce their hunting participation
- Ammunition prices would spike by a minimum of 284%
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife revenue would decline by an estimated $1,700,000
- Overall conservation dollars would decline by $630,000
What is the Oregon Outdoor Council doing to Combat the Traditional Ammunition (Lead Ammunition) Ban?
- Filed a Public Records Request with Oregon Zoo and Metro Regional Government to Prove Anti-Hunting Groups Pushing Anti-Lead Crusade
- The only pro-sportsmen group sitting on the hiring committee with the Oregon Zoo for their new “Lead and Wildlife Outreach Coordinator Position” to ensure the most unbiased candidate is selected
- Has coordinated a bill to be introduced in the 2015 legislative session banning the ban of traditional lead ammunition